Our friend Alex Traxler from Griffen Hollow Studio cut the NTH enclosures for our production run, and has offered his services to NTH users looking for custom acrylic or wooden cuts. For the month of September, he is offering the following discounted prices:
- Acrylic enclosure – $75
- Wood enclosure – $125
Alex is a fine craftsman and made us the white oak enclosure seen below. You can contact him here.
Each shipment will include:
- 1 NTH Music Synthesizer
1 T-Shirt(t-shirts are now sold out)
- 1 Accessory Pack including battery, decal, quick-start guide
Purchase your NTH at the link below:
We thought you might be interested in seeing some images from our final testing, assembly, and packaging procedures. Please check out the photo spread below for a glimpse of the final production process.
NOTE #1: We still have not received international shipping funds from some backers. We cannot ship your reward to you without these funds. Please PayPal your payment to email@example.com to avoid shipping delays.
NOTE #2: We still have not received backer survey responses, including shipping addresses and phone numbers, from some people. We cannot ship your reward if we do not have this information. Please respond to your backer survey as soon as possible to avoid shipping delays.
Thanks again to everyone for your patience and for your support of the NTH!
Good news: the rocker switches shipped on May 16. Our PCB assembler received the complete parts kit for NTH production on May 22. This means that we should receive the assembled PCBs in the last week of June. We are ecstatic to advance to this stage of production.
In other project news:
- We have chosen the Creative Commons Attribution license for the NTH design source. This is a very permissive license that allows anyone to build an NTH or derivative design either for personal use or for profit.
- The final batch of acrylic panels has been completed by Griffen Hollow Studio. Alex at Griffen Hollow provided us with the special oak-panel NTH enclosure shown below. If anyone is looking for a unique enclosure to personalize their NTH, Alex provides an excellent service, and is well-versed with the design.
- After extensive consideration, we have decided to create a Google Group to serve as a discussion community for NTH users. It is not the sexiest option, but it provides a good mixture of universality and (we hope) low maintenance requirements.
- The silkscreens for the NTH t-shirts have been tested and are ready to go. We are using black American Apparel tees. We’ll be offering a choice of sizes XS-XL when the backer surveys are sent.
- Backer surveys will be issued sometime in the next two weeks. We need your prompt response to deliver your rewards.
- Important note to backers residing outside the USA: If your pledge did not include the extra shipping costs for your pledge level, we will not be able to ship your reward until we have received the addtional funds. Please take a moment to review your reward description. If you still need to send the additional funds, please PayPal them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading.
We want to thank our backers again for a great first week! We can’t wait to put the NTH in your hands and hear the amazing things you will do with it.
Today we are showing off our t-shirt design. This is the t-shirt that will be included with all rewards levels at $40 and up. Every pledge gets us closer to our funding goal–and closer to open-sourcing the NTH.
Stay tuned. We are working on several more updates for the coming weeks!
Thanks for checking out the NTH Music Synthesizer!